Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
Hate is such a strong word.
Here's what I hate about the ACC:
1. No national championship contender to write about. What college football writer doesn't want to cover a national championship? I don't care what team in the ACC does it, but sooner than later would be great.
2. Nobody goes to the ACC championship game. Unless Florida State and Miami happen to be playing for the title, it's in the wrong spot, and it takes so much away from what could be a great event. It's embarrassing for the players, the league and the coaches.
3. I hate trying to explain who's in which division and why. Go ahead, ask your average college football fan if NC State is in the Atlantic or Coastal Division. Unless you're a fan of one of the 12 teams, it's usually a guessing game. As for why they're lined up the way they are? Even league officials have a tough time explaining it.
4. I hate watching games in Dolphin Stadium. Empty seats for Miami football? It just doesn't seem right. For a program so rich in history and tradition -- one of the most storied programs in college football -- it should have a venue that reflects it.
5. The tailgating scene at Maryland. Where is it? I remember the last time West Virginia rolled into College Park. The Mountaineers fans had taken over much of the lot across the street from Byrd Stadium. There is no such thing as "game traffic" at Maryland, even last year, when the Atlantic Division title was on the line. As for how Maryland and Florida State got into the same division ...