Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett
We begin the links with some crime and punishment ...
• Florida State receiver Richard Goodman has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest in connection with a November fight between football players and fraternity members, Matt Gilmour reports for the Tallahassee Democrat. Police believe Goodman threw a chair that hit a female student in the face, causing multiple fractures.
• Clemson offensive lineman Barry Humphries will miss the first two games of the season following a DUI arrest on a motor scooter earlier this month, Greg Oliver reports in Upstate Today. Humphries missed all but two games last year with a knee injury.
• Sun-Sentinel columnist Dave Hyde says Miami deserves credit for staying off the police blotter this offseason.
• Virginia Tech nearly had an NCAA violation on its hands when safety Kam Chancellor filmed an Internet video promotion for a Blacksburg club, Kyle Tucker writes in The Virginian-Pilot.
• Norm Wood of The Daily Press has 100 things to consider now that it's 100 days to kickoff, including Virginia Tech's status as a contender and the staff changes at Virginia.