Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett
I guess Heather couldn't handle the heat from our ACC/Big East debates and decided to skip town. Just kidding. Here are your links:
• Maryland coach Ralph Friedgen says he might want to stay at the school another five years, even though offensive coordinator James Franklin is owed $1 million if he is not the head coach by 2012, Jeff Barker reports in the Baltimore Sun.
"Let's say I want to coach two more years after the three. I don't know if I'll do that," Friedgen said. "But if we go to the Orange Bowl, maybe I will. And James has sat down with Debbie [Yow] and I, and we have talked about that.
"But I'm not going to be Joe [Paterno] and coach until I'm 75 or 80 or 90."
• Brad Senkiw of the Anderson Independent Mail ranks the ACC quarterbacks. No. 1 on his list is NC State's Russell Wilson.
• Clemson is experiencing a drop in season-ticket sales, Paul Strelow reports for McClatchy Newspapers
• The Tallahassee Democrat has Florida State's official response to the NCAA in the academic misconduct case.
• The Sporting News' Matt Hayes ranks the top 10 most difficult nonconference schedules in the nation. Virginia Tech is No. 2, Florida State No. 4 and Miami No. 8. The ACC is also well represented in Hayes' best 10 nonconference games.
• Vic Hall is working hard to try to win Virginia's quarterback job, Jerry Ratcliffe writes in the Virginian Pilot.
• The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson lists the reasons why the Hurricanes should be optimistic in 2009.