Can we fast-forward to next Saturday? It will be the top two ACC teams going at it in Death Valley, as Louisville and Clemson remain atop the league power rankings this week. There was some movement below them, though, which adds more intrigue to the coming weeks.
2. Clemson The Tigers' defense was absolutely dominant Thursday at Georgia Tech, with Dorian O'Daniel leading the way. The offense doesn't seem quite there yet, though. Can that change next week against Louisville?
3. Florida State The Seminoles bounced back nicely by adjusting defensively to USF and getting Dalvin Cook going in a 20-point road rout. They host reigning Coastal champ North Carolina next in what should be an exciting matchup.
4. Miami The Hurricanes had the week off but have the chance to prove to be the class of the Coastal with a tough six-game stretch coming up, starting next week at Georgia Tech.
5. Virginia Tech That's one way to end East Carolina's six-game win streak against the ACC. The Hokies stomped on the Pirates early and often in a 54-17 win, and man, that Justin Fuente offense sure looks fun, doesn’t it?
6. North Carolina The Tar Heels showed resilience in converting three final-drive fourth-down plays against Pitt before taking the lead with two seconds left after trailing all game. Mitch Trubisky had himself a day, as he threw for 453 yards and five touchdowns.
7. Wake Forest The Demon Deacons are 4-0 and enter the top half of the ACC power rankings for the first time in the three-year Dave Clawson era. Forcing five turnovers in a win over Indiana will do that. They'll go for win No. 5 at NC State.
8. Pittsburgh The passing defense has to get better, as the Panthers have surrendered 993 yards through the air in consecutive close road losses. Marshall should offer a bit of a reprieve next week.
10. Georgia Tech The Yellow Jackets' offense was unable to do much of anything Thursday in a home loss to Clemson. Whether that says more about Tech's offense or the Tigers' defense is unclear, but a big test awaits with Miami.
11. NC State The Wolfpack were off Saturday but absolutely need to beat Wake Forest this week if they are to show any signs of progress this season, as Virginia Tech made NC State's ECU loss look that much worse.
12. Syracuse The Orange won on a 99-yard drive, but the real confidence might have come from a defense that came up with a goal-line stand in the fourth quarter. With Notre Dame and its defensive struggles next, Syracuse has reason to be thinking upset Saturday.
13. Boston College It was mostly rinse-and-wash against FCS Wagner, but BC did get the run game going. That's something the Eagles will need to build off next week against Buffalo before the competition gets tougher.
14. Virginia It's never easy with the Cavaliers, but they pulled off an upset over Central Michigan to get their first win of the season. Next week’s game at Duke looks a lot more difficult now, though.