Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
HOME SWEET HOME -- But not for long. Heading to Maryland today and Boston College on Wednesday. There are 10 days remaining until Georgia Tech and Jacksonville State get things started, and plenty to keep an eye on and talk about until then.
Let's get started on our FINAL WEEK without ACC football games:
* Boston College's offense made some progress in Sunday's scrimmage, but it helped that three starters were missing on defense.
* Florida State defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews just thought his defense was missing something in Saturday's scrimmage.
* Last year, the 'Noles were missing opportunities in the red zone, something they're working on this summer.
* Maryland coach Ralph Friedgen seems very close to naming a starting quarterback. The one thing he found this summer was a second-string running back.
* Miami quarterback Robert Marve appears to have taken some recent forward in the competition, but coach Randy Shannon still isn't ready to name his starter. Maybe he'll do it by the end of this week.
* Regardless of who it is, Marve and receiver Jermaine McKenzie are ready to play football again about a year after their car crash.
* Just how much better can NC State be this season? It all starts up front.
* Is Tommy Bowden on the verge of signing another quarterback? Yes, if Morgan Newton's mom has anything to do with it.
Here are a few things worth reading from Sunday in case you missed 'em:
* Georgia Tech's injuries are piling up, and Navy's former quarterback gives his take on what these guys need to run Johnson's offense: sure hands and toughness.
* He's not Kenny Moore, but bruising fullback Mike Rinfrette might catch some balls for Wake Forest this season.
* While the rest of the ACC is wrapping up its scrimmages, FSU was just getting things started.
* Virginia kicker Chris Hinkebein was inconsistent this spring, but not on Saturday.