The countdown of my top 25 AFC East players continues, one weekday at a time ...
DansbyAbout the choice: The Miami Dolphins made him the highest-paid inside linebacker in NFL history last year, and while it can be argued he wasn't even the best at his position in the AFC East, he still made an impact. Partly because Dansby missed the final two games of the regular season with a toe injury, he failed to lead the Dolphins in any single statistical category. But you can get an idea of his versatility: 96 tackles (five behind team leader Yeremiah Bell), three sacks, seven tackles for losses, four passes defensed and two forced fumbles. Dansby had nine games in which he recorded at least eight tackles. He notched 10 tackles twice.
Key fact: Dansby is the only player with at least 25 sacks and 10 interceptions over the past seven seasons.
Hint about No. 15: A year ago, he would've been top five. But he still must be accounted for on every snap.
17. Fred Jackson, Bills running back
18. Sebastian Vollmer, Patriots right tackle
19. Steve Johnson, Bills receiver
20. Vontae Davis, Dolphins cornerback
21. Bart Scott, Jets inside linebacker
22. Randy Starks, Dolphins defensive lineman
23. Dustin Keller, Jets tight end
24. Kendall Langford, Dolphins defensive end
25. Rob Gronkowski, Patriots tight end