The countdown of my top 25 AFC East players continues, one weekday at a time ...
HolmesAbout the choice: Santonio Holmes missed the New York Jets' four games because of a suspension and needed a few weeks to get his legs back. Once integrated into the offense, he repeatedly showed he's one of the game's most dynamic and clutch receivers. Holmes finished three receptions from the team lead with 52 for 746 yards and six touchdowns. From Week 9 on, Holmes had 42 receptions for 615 yards and six touchdowns. In the playoffs, he had nine catches for 127 yards and two touchdowns.
Key fact: With two more last season, Holmes has five game-winning touchdown receptions in the final minute of a game. That tied Carl Pickens for the most since 1983, including playoffs.
Hint about No. 9: He's one of three players remaining on the list never to miss a start.
11. Kyle Williams, Bills defensive tackle
12. Brandon Marshall, Dolphins receiver
13. David Harris, Jets inside linebacker
14. Devin McCourty, Patriots cornerback
15. Wes Welker, Patriots receiver
16. Karlos Dansby, Dolphins linebacker
17. Fred Jackson, Bills running back
18. Sebastian Vollmer, Patriots right tackle
19. Steve Johnson, Bills receiver
20. Vontae Davis, Dolphins cornerback
21. Bart Scott, Jets inside linebacker
22. Randy Starks, Dolphins defensive lineman
23. Dustin Keller, Jets tight end
24. Kendall Langford, Dolphins defensive end
25. Rob Gronkowski, Patriots tight end