If Baltimore can sign him to a long-term deal by Monday, the Ravens will have enough cap room to tender their restricted free agents (like tight ends Dennis Pitta and Ed Dickson as well as defensive lineman Art Jones) and keep some of their own unrestricted free agents (namely linebacker Dannell Ellerbe).
If Baltimore has to put the franchise tag on the Super Bowl MVP, the Ravens will have less than $2 million in cap space and will have to create room just to tender contracts to their RFAs.
Here are the top 10 salary-cap numbers for the Ravens:
1. Terrell Suggs, LB, $13.02 million
2. Haloti Ngata, DT, $11.5 million
3. Anquan Boldin, WR, $7.53 million
4. Marshal Yanda, G, $7.45 million
5. Ray Rice, RB, $5.75 million
6. Lardarius Webb, CB, $5.38 million
7. Michael Oher, OT, $4.95 million
8. Jacoby Jones, WR-RS, $4.9 million
9.Vonta Leach, FB, $4.33 million
10. Jameel McClain, LB, $4.2 million