ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper has offered another mock draft. This time, Kiper is going two rounds deep. Let’s take a look at his choices for the AFC West teams:
11. Kansas City: Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
My take: I have no problem with this pick at all the way this board fell. I think Kuechly would be a tremendous addition to a strong defense.
18. San Diego: Chandler Jones, LB, Syracuse
My take: I know Jones is considered a riser, but I think this may be too high. I’d stick with Illinois’ pass-rusher Whitney Mercilus.
25. Denver: Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
My take: I think this is the right call the way this board falls. He fills a need position.
44. Kansas City: Devon Still, DT, Penn State
My take: Still would be a strong value pick here and a nice pairing with Kuechly.
49. San Diego: Doug Martin, Boise State
My take: It would be an interesting pick. He would fill a need.
57. Denver: LaMichael James, RB, Oregon
My take: Another interesting pick. I think the Broncos could get better value with this pick and maybe wait to see if James is available in the third round.
Note: Oakland traded its pick in both the first and second rounds.