ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. has offered another mock draft in an Insider piece. This time, Kiper is going two rounds deep. Let’s take a look at his choices for the AFC West teams:
1. Kansas City: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M,
My take: This looks like the most official pick at this point. Things can change, but it looks like Joeckel.
3. Oakland: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
My take: This is my choice as well. Taking Floyd would kick start a defensive revival.
11. San Diego: Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma
My take: It’s starting to look like Johnson might not be available. The key here is Kiper Jr. had Geno Smith going No. 4 to the Eagles. The Chargers would be thrilled if this happens.
28. Denver: D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston
My take: It fills a long-term need, and Hayden has potential. I think Denver would look for other needs first.
45. San Diego: Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
My take: He is a fine player. This would be a good two-round haul for San Diego.
55. Denver: Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
My take: That would be an amazing value if he fell. He was once considered a top-5 talent. There are concerns, but he produced in college.
Note: Kansas City and Oakland do not have picks in the second round.