Our AFC West positional rankings continue with a look at an underwhelming group of tight ends:
1. Antonio Gates, San Diego: Gates is not longer an elite player, but he is by far the most dangerous one on this list.
3. Anthony Fasano, Kansas City: He is an underrated type who always gives a solid effort.
4. Joel Dreessen, Denver: He can stretch the field and is a solid rotational player.
5. Tony Moeaki, Kansas City: Injuries have hurt his career. Moeaki has big talent, but can’t stay on field.
6. John Phillips, San Diego: The Chargers are excited about this premier blocker. Not a stats guy, but he will help.
7. Ladarius Green, San Diego: We are into the "has potential" portion of this list. Green, 23 and entering his second season, could replace Gates some day.
8. Travis Kelce, Kansas City: I have a feeling the new Chiefs regime will give Kelce a chance to play a lot as a rookie.
10. Richard Gordon, Oakland: See above.