Our Big 12 Week 6 power rankings:
1. TCU (previous ranking: 2): The Horned Frogs are in great position, as the league's only undefeated team at the moment following a 31-24 win over West Virginia. A tough road contest at Kansas State is up next.
2. Oklahoma (1): A 38-31 upset loss to Iowa State -- at home, to a walk-on reserve quarterback no less -- strikes a significant blow to the Sooners' playoff hopes. Games against Texas (Week 7), TCU, West Virginia and Oklahoma State still remain, meaning even a trip to the Big 12 title game is no guarantee at this point.
3. Oklahoma State (3): The Cowboys were idle in Week 5 and host Baylor in Week 7.
4. Texas (5): It took some effort, but the Longhorns outlasted Kansas State 40-34 in double overtime to improve to 2-0 in Big 12 play for the first time since 2013. Don't look now, but they're one of only two teams with 2-0 records in the league as they prepare for their upcoming rivalry clash with Oklahoma.
5. West Virginia (4): The Mountaineers fought tooth-and-nail with TCU but came up just short in Fort Worth. They just missed a chance to put themselves seriously into the conversation at the top of the conference, but this is still a good team that should be squarely in the thick of things moving forward.
6. Texas Tech (6): The Red Raiders bounced back from their loss to Oklahoma State with an easy win at Kansas. Kliff Kingsbury's crew is a solid 4-1 with a key road trip to West Virginia coming up.
7. Iowa State (8): Hello, Cyclones. What a win in Norman. Kyle Kempt, Allen Lazard and Joel Lanning will live in Iowa State lore after the upset win over Oklahoma. Coach Matt Campbell's team is 3-2 and one of six teams in the league at 1-1 in conference play and is rising.
8. Kansas State (7): The Wildcats took a tough road loss to Texas, and things don't get any easier with games against TCU and Oklahoma in the next two weeks. What's more, quarterback Jesse Ertz is banged up, having to sit out most of the final moments of Saturday's loss (sophomore Alex Delton played most of the fourth quarter and overtime).
9. Baylor (9): The Bears were idle this week and return to action against Oklahoma State in Week 7. They're still looking for their first win of the season.
10. Kansas (10): Mistakes were a common theme for the Jayhawks in their 65-19 home loss to Texas Tech. Now, back-to-back road games at Iowa State and TCU await, making the search for the season's first conference win that much more difficult.