Here's how the Big 12 sits with only a few weeks left in the season:
1. Oklahoma State (9-0, 5-0 Big 12, last week: 1): Oklahoma State survived a scare but could be headed for another in a scary venue for national title contenders from the Big 12: Lubbock, Texas.
2. Oklahoma (8-1, 5-1, LW: 2): Oklahoma has bounced back well from its loss to Texas Tech two weeks ago, but now must deal with the loss of its top receiver, Ryan Broyles, who was arguably the nation's best so far this season. This a week after losing its leading rusher, Dominique Whaley.
3. Texas (6-2, 3-2, LW: 4): Texas is picking up steam and playing about as well as anyone in the past two weeks, notching blowout wins while running for more than 400 yards in victories over Kansas and Texas Tech. Time for a tougher test this week: A trip to Missouri.
4. Kansas State (7-2, 4-2, LW: 3): K-State was so close, but left Stillwater a narrow loser. It might have been different if the Wildcats had had a few more seconds. Their resume is similar to Texas', but the Longhorns are playing better football the past couple weeks, albeit against lesser competition.
5. Texas A&M (5-4, 3-3, LW: 5): Once again, the Aggies have some soul-searching to do. Each loss this year has come to a good team, but the Aggies will be heading to the SEC with their tails between their legs at this pace after another second-half meltdown loss. This time, they didn't have a lead to fall back on and got blown out by the Sooners.
6. Baylor (5-3, 2-3, LW: 6): Baylor grabbed a huge victory over Mizzou and moved one win away from a second consecutive bowl berth. Quarterback Robert Griffin III has been at his best in the past few weeks, despite the Bears losing two of three games.
7. Missouri (4-5, 2-4, LW: 6): Think Texas is a Big 12 bully? This week will be Mizzou's last chance to bully the Longhorns. Gary Pinkel's never beaten Texas, and the Tigers' postseason hopes are in major jeopardy. A win would be a major shot in the arm and a big boost for a team on its way to the SEC.
8. Texas Tech (5-4, 2-4, LW: 5): Texas Tech's gone in the tank after the huge win over Oklahoma. Iowa State embarrassed the Red Raiders with 368 rushing yards on Oct. 29; Texas racked up more than 400 on Saturday. Why didn't anybody tell Oklahoma that's how to beat the Red Raiders?
9. Iowa State (5-4, 2-4, LW: 9): Iowa State will need a little magic down the stretch to reach a bowl, but the Cyclones have 17 wins in two-plus seasons under Paul Rhoads.
10. Kansas (2-7, 0-6, LW: 10): Kansas fell short in its best chance to get a conference win, coming up short at Iowa State, and now closes its season with a tough stretch that is likely to include more losses. The Jayhawks must at least stay competitive if coach Turner Gill is going to get another year.