Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett
Adam Froman tells the Santa Rosa Press Democrat that he thinks he will be Louisville's starting quarterback this fall. Froman is in a battle with Justin Burke.
• A South Florida official says he accepts the Pasco County school district's explanation for why former Bulls recruit Kamran Joyer's grades were changed. Joyer has since signed with Louisville.
• Syracuse athletic director Daryl Gross tells Syracuse.com's Brent Axe that the Orange were heavily involved in discussions to play the first football game at new Yankee Stadium, but that he didn't want to give up a home game early in Doug Marrone's tenure. Gross says Syracuse is still in talks to play at the stadium in the near future, but it looks like 2013 is the earliest opening.
• Athletic director Tim Pernetti has been an aggressive fundraiser, which is just what Rutgers needs, Steve Politi writes in The Star-Ledger.
• Bill Stewart is one of four coaches that the Sporting News' Matt Hayes says needs a better second year. (One of the other four has a West Virginia connection too. Some guy at Michigan).
• South Florida safety Nate Allen talks about his senior year in the Cape Coral Daily Breeze.