Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett
1. Cincinnati (6-0, 2-0 Big East): Here's the most impressive thing about the No. 5 Bearcats: They have won three road games -- at Rutgers, at Oregon State and at South Florida -- by a combined 59 points.
3. West Virginia (5-1, 1-0): The Mountaineers will need Jarrett Brown back, with UConn and South Florida coming up in the next two weeks. Get over those two hurdles, and they should be 8-1 going to Cincinnati on Nov. 13.
4. South Florida (5-1, 1-1): Are these Bulls going to wither and die in October like the last two editions? This week's game at Pitt could tell the tale.
5. Connecticut (4-2, 1-1): There's no way of knowing how UConn will respond to the Jasper Howard tragedy. I think it will bring them closer together.
6. Rutgers (4-2, 0-2): The Big East schedule that once looked so favorable has now turned, thanks to two home losses. The Scarlet Knights have only two league games left at home, and they are tough ones against West Virginia and South Florida.
7. Syracuse (2-4, 0-2): With Akron, Rutgers, Louisville and UConn left, a bowl game still isn't out of the question. But the Orange have no margin for error any more.
8. Louisville (2-4, 0-2): The Cardinals have lost seven straight Big East games under Steve Kragthorpe, and No. 8 seems inevitable this week at Cincinnati. The streak could reach nine with a trip to West Virginia next in league play.