The countdown is underway as we're only 100 days away from the start of the 2013 season. We'd all agree it can't get here soon enough.
ESPN's Stats & Info crew put together 100 numbers to know for the 100-day countdown. Several are of interest to Big Ten fans, and here are a few:
4. (Wisconsin Rose Bowls): A new coach in Gary Andersen has fans intrigued, but Wisconsin has made the Rose Bowl in each of the past three seasons and could be in line for a fourth if the Badgers can win the Big Ten title again.
12. (Ohio State win streak): No team in the country has a longer active win streak than Ohio State. The Buckeyes were a perfect 12-0 last season and bring that streak into this season, with a school record of 22 straight still a long way away.
18. (Devin Gardner touchdowns): The total number of touchdowns scored by Devin Gardner after Nov. 3, when he was named the starting quarterback at Michigan. That was tied for the third most scored in the FBS.
22. (John Cappelletti's number at Penn State): Jersey number of John Cappelletti at Penn State. In 1973, Cappelletti won the Heisman Trophy and remains the only Nittany Lion to earn that honor.
24. (Big Ten's January bowl win percentage): The Big Ten has won fewer than 24 percent of its January bowl games over the past three seasons. The conference is 4-13 in those games.
77. (Montee on the ball): Wisconsin's Montee Ball finished his brilliant career in 2012 with 77 rushing touchdowns, breaking the FBS record set by Travis Prentice (73). Ball rushed for 22 touchdowns last season.
80. (Braxton Miller's zone-read runs): Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller attempted 80 zone-read rushes in 2012 with Urban Meyer as his head coach. Miller attempted nine such rushes in 2011 under Luke Fickell. Miller gained 676 yards and scored six touchdowns with the zone read last season.
90. (First of many): 1890 was the year Minnesota and Wisconsin first met on the gridiron. The Gophers and Badgers have met 122 times, the most played rivalry among FBS schools. This season's game is Nov. 23 in Minneapolis.
91. (Quite a catch): Desmond Howard won the Heisman Trophy in 1991, the most recent wide receiver to win the Heisman. Will Marqise Lee be the first wide receiver to win the Heisman in the past 20 years?
100. (The Granddaddy of them all): The 100th Rose Bowl will be played this season.
Be sure and check out the full list. Which number gets you fired up for the 2013 season?