WILMINGTON, Mass. -- The Boston Bruins are back on the practice ice this morning at Ristuccia Arena.
In case you spent the weekend recuperating from Christmas, here are a few notes to bring you up to speed on the state of the team:
* Loui Eriksson skated alone prior to the team’s practice Monday. He has missed the past 10 games with a concussion suffered Dec. 7. This marks the first time he’s skated since the injury.
* Defenseman Dougie Hamilton, who has missed the past nine games with a lower-body injury, is practicing with the team for the first time Dec. 8.
* The Bruins received some devastating news on Saturday when it was announced that veteran defenseman Dennis Seidenberg will miss the remainder of the 2013-2014 season with a MCL/ACL tear in his right knee. He suffered the injury in Boston’s 5-0 win over the Senators on Friday night at TD Garden.
* Prior to Monday’s practice, the team officially recalled defenseman Kevan Miller from Providence of the AHL.
* Bruins forward Carl Soderberg suffered a concussion last Friday and did not make the trip to Ottawa for Saturday’s game. He is not on the ice this morning.