1. The Bruins and Canadiens will meet in a Game 7 for the ninth time on Wednesday night. Not only is that the most Game 7 meetings between two teams in NHL history, but according to the Elias Sports Bureau, it is the most Game 7 meetings between two teams among all the major sports.
2. The Canadiens have won five of the previous eight Game 7s between these two teams, but Boston won the most recent one in the 2011 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, winning in overtime, 4-3.
3. The Bruins will be playing in a Game 7 for the seventh straight postseason, a new NHL record. The Colorado Avalanche set the previous mark of six straight postseasons playing a Game 7 from 1998 to 2003.
4. Montreal has a .591 winning percentage in Game 7s all-time (13-9). That’s the second-best such mark in NHL postseason history among teams to play at least 10 Game 7s in their history.
5. This will be the sixth Game 7 between the Bruins and Canadiens to be played in Boston. The Bruins have won three of their previous five home Game 7s against Montreal.