BOSTON -- A handful of quotes from the Bruins players from after today’s victory parade:
* Shane Hnidy: “[The parade] was amazing. It’s hard, again, just the support of the fans and to see the passion in their faces when you go by some people is just true. You know it’s great, these fans are hard-working fans and that’s the kind of team we were. We were built for this city and to win and to go out and celebrate with everyone is amazing.”
* Tomas Kaberle: “[The parade] was awesome. Lot of people there and everybody was excited. The whole city it seems like it was shut down and everybody on the streets. And I never experienced that and it would be nice to do it again."
* Kaberle on hoisting the Cup in front of the fans: "Yeah, I had the chance to put it up too, every single one of us. That’s crazy. After the season obviously we are going to have one day with it. We can spend some time with the families and obviously the towns where we grew up."
* Shawn Thornton: “[Parade] was more overwhelming than I expected. It was an unbelievable turnout. I didn’t know that many people lived in Boston, let alone be on the streets today. It was an awesome, awesome experience."
* Thornton on the Bruins’ short summer: "I’ll rest for the next couple weeks. I’ve been through this before [with Anaheim in 2007], so I kind of know what it takes. It’s a really short summer. Guys probably won’t be in as good of shape, I guess weight room wise, coming into the start of the season. But I think that’s worth it for us, being able to go this long. It’s going to be a short summer, but it’ll be a good one in Boston. That’s for sure."