On the day of a Celtics game, we'll try to pluck some of the more interesting news and stats from the game notes delivered by the Celtics' media relations staff.
Coming off back-to-back losses to the Clippers and Warriors, the Celtics (23-7) wrap up a four-game road trip by visiting the Phoenix Suns at US Airways Center (9 p.m., CSN).
* The Suns lead the season series, 1-0; The Celtics won the season series 2-0 in 2008-09
* Rajon Rondo led the Celtics with 27.5 points per game last season
* Steve Nash averaged 15.5 points per game in the two matchups last year
* It marked the first time since the 2000-01 season that the Celtics swept the season series
* The Celtics lead the all-time series 61-48 with the Celtics 35-18 at home
Eddie House played for Phoenix during the 2005-06 season... Grant Hill played for Doc Rivers in Orlando from 2000-04...Grant Hill and Shelden Williams are former Duke Blue Devils...Steve Nash and Marquis Daniels were teammates in Dallas during the 2003-04 season.
Nov. 6, 2009: Suns 110, Celtics 103
The Celtics had their season-opening, six-game winning streak snapped as they lost to the Suns at TD Garden... It marked the first time this season that the C’s had allowed more than 90 points in a game... Kevin Garnett netted a season-high 26 points, while Rajon Rondo added a double-double with 14 points and 11 assists... Jason Richardson led the Suns' offense with 34 points and 10 boards... Steve Nash added 16 points and 12 assists for the Suns.
ESPN Boston links from that game: Loss to Suns will be learning tool ... Notebook: Former BC star Dudley ... Rivers, Gentry praise Perkins; Stoudemire does not