Over at SportsNation, they've got a batch of decade-end polls going on, a handful of which involve the Celtics. A quick glance at where the Celtics stand in those polls:
* The 2007-08 Celtics are currently second (and by a whopping margin) as the team of the decade. The 1999-2000 Lakers have garnered nearly 44 percent of the vote to this point.
* Kevin Garnett is currently at the bottom of a five-man vote for player of the decade with only 2.9 percent of the vote (Kobe Bryant has more than 2/3 of all votes submitted).
* The Celtics have a pair of representatives in the greatest playoff game of the decade, with the triple-overtime loss to the Bulls currently second in the voting to the 2002 overtime game between the Lakers and Kings.
* The 2008 NBA Finals between the Celtics and Lakers is second among the best Finals of the decade, with the 2006 Heat-Mavericks in front.
* The mesmerizing Celtics-Bulls series from last year is second among the greatest playoff series of the decade to the 2002 Kings-Lakers series.