ESPN Stats and Info provides the numbers of note as the Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers prepare for Game 7 of an Eastern Conference semifinal series Saturday night at TD Garden:
* Home teams are 87-22 (79.8 percent) all-time in Game 7.
* The Celtics are 17-4 all-time at home in Game 7, but lost their last such game in 2009 versus Orlando. Boston has never lost consecutive Game 7s at home.
* This is the seventh all-time Game 7 between these franchises (Boston leads, 4-2).
* The Celtics are 20-7 all-time in Game 7, the best in NBA history among teams with at least eight Game 7 appearances. The 76ers franchise is 6-8 in Game 7, the eight losses are tied for the most in NBA history.
* The 76ers are 1-7 all-time on the road in Game 7s. This is their first road Game 7 since 1986.
* This is the third Game 7 of the 2012 postseason (Lakers beat Nuggets; Clippers beat Grizzlies).
A quick look at all the Game 7s between the Celtics-76ers:
1982 - East Conf. Finals - 76ers
1981 - East Conf. Finals - Celtics
1977 - East Conf. Semis - 76ers
1968 - East Div. Finals - Celtics
1965 - East Div. Finals - Celtics
1959 - East Div. Finals<< - Celtics
<< 76ers franchise known as Syracuse Nationals
For more on those series, hop HERE.