Brian Babineau/NBAE/Getty Images
Celtics vs. Heat in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals on Monday night in Miami.MIAMI -- Our friends at ESPN Stats and Information help set the table for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals between the Boston Celtics and Miami Heat:
* This marks the third postseason meeting all-time between the Celtics and Heat (and third in the last three seasons). Boston defeated Miami, 4-1, in the 2010 first round and the Heat beat the Celtics in the conference semifinals last season, 4-1. The Celtics won the 2011-12 regular-season series 3-1.
* The Celtics are in the Eastern Conference finals for the third time in the last five seasons, advancing to the NBA Finals in their previous two appearances (defeated the Pistons, 4-2, in 2008 and defeated the Magic, 4-2, in 2010).
* This marks the Celtics’ 33rd overall appearance (17th conference finals) in the round prior to the NBA Finals (16 division finals appearances). The NBA went to the conference format in the 1970-71 season.
* The Heat are in the Eastern Conference finals for the second consecutive season (defeated the Bulls, 4-1, last season) and for the fifth time overall in franchise history. They are 2-2 all-time in the conference finals.
* The winner of Game 1 in the conference finals has gone on to win the series 80 percent (88-22) of the time in NBA history.
* The Celtics are 2-4 on the road this postseason compared to 6-1 at home.
* The Heat are 5-1 at home this postseason and 8-3 all-time at home in conference finals games (won last five).