It was a holiday weekend for some, just another Monday for others. Either way, it's that time again when we take the 10 best links from the weekend for your perusal.
Let's go to the links:
10. Roger Brown offers his take on some of the area's top recruits and their performances over the weekend.
9. In a busy week of basketball recruiting, one which saw several locals give their commitments, correspondent Adam Finkelstein, writing on his New England Recruiting Report, reports that North Carolina is the latest in a laundry list of schools to have offered St. Mark's Alex Murphy a scholarship.
8. Tom Yantz of the Hartford Courant has his latest edition of the Fabulous 15 from last weekend.
GRANITE STATE OF MIND
7. Correspondent Marc Thaler has his weekly New Hampshire Top 10 on the Union Leader Moving the Chains blog.
A NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENT
6. Jay Gearan, of the Telegram & Gazette, takes a look at Marlborough High volleyball coach Peter Lepore who's closing in on his 800th overall win while coaching boys' and girls' volleyball in addition to girls' basketball.
5. Dave Dyer, of the Eagle-Tribune, looks at the talent and faith of Methuen cross country runner Marwah Haq.
DON'T CALL IT AN UPSET
4. Frontier girls' volleyball beat defending state champion New Bedford not once, but twice last week.
PUTTING DOWN SPIKES
3. Peter Gobis, of the Sun Chronicle, looks at North Attleborough junior Kelsey Weymouth, who was among a dozen players invited to the U.S. Volleyball Association's camp last summer and has the Red Rocketeers off to a fast start this season.
A DIG AGAINST CANCER
2. Oliver Ames and Brockton are teaming up to host the first "Dig Pink" benefit game for breast cancer research.
SAID IT ONCE BEFORE BUT IT BEARS REPEATING NOW
1. If you have not already done so, check out Brendan Hall's take on the hubbub surrounding the St. George's cancellation of their scheduled game against Lawrence Academy last weekend. It provides another angle to the story, which could still have some legs. Stay tuned.