While enjoying some time at home during the bye week, here are a few things that catch the eye:
1) Really enjoyed this article by Seth Wickersham of ESPN The Magazine on the option route. Wickersham talks to Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and Wes Welker for the piece, and notes that Welker is one of the best option route runners in the NFL. He explains why.
2) Teammate Tim Graham, who covers the AFC East for ESPN.com, is on the scene at the Dolphins-Jets game today. Tim's insight and analysis will be great to read, especially with the Patriots set to host the Dolphins next Sunday.
3) Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald profiles Patriots linebacker Pierre Woods, and notes some of the struggles he had as a youngster, such as trying to sell drugs and steal cars. Ted Ginn Sr. became an important figure in his life, helping him get on track.
4) Albert R. Breer writes the Sunday NFL notes in the Boston Globe and lists some of his candidates for personnel openings in the future. Nick Caserio, the Patriots director of player personnel, is in the mix.
5) Shalise Manza Young of the Providence Journal hands out some honors for the Patriots through seven games, leading off with cornerback Darius Butler as "Most Likely to Succeed."