A quick-hit recap of the Patriots' first day of free agency:
1. Signed nose tackle Vince Wilfork to a five-year, $40 million deal with an $18 million signing bonus and $25 million guaranteed.
2. Signed outside linebacker Tully Banta-Cain to a three-year, $13.5 million deal with a $6 million signing bonus. Deal could be worth as much as $18 million if incentives are reached.
3. Reached a two-year contract agreement with offensive guard Stephen Neal.
4. Discussed a possible contract for defensive lineman Julius Peppers, who ultimately signed with the Bears.
5. Were in on the trade talks for Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin, with ESPN senior analyst Chris Mortensen reporting that the team would have had Boldin play out the final year of his contract.
6. Stayed in contact with their own free agents, with cornerback Leigh Bodden's agent noting that the team is "definitely in the mix" to retain him.
7. Learned that tight end Benjamin Watson will be making his first visit to the Seattle Seahawks.