In the video above, Jenny Dell goes inside the numbers for Sunday’s Patriots-Chargers game in the Countdown Daily AccuScore report. Here are some of the highlights from the game simulations:
* The Chargers have been heavy favorites in all of their losses, and according to AccuScore, are 56 percent favorites against the Patriots on Sunday.
* Philip Rivers, who leads the NFL with 2,008 passing yards, 12 touchdowns and 5 interceptions, is projected for 260 yards passing and a 2-touchdown to 1-interception ratio against the young New England secondary.
* If Rivers have more than 300 yards passing in the game, however, the Chargers drop from 56 percent favorites to 50 percent, because a huge passing day often means San Diego is playing from behind.
* If the Chargers have 2 or more turnovers in the game, the tables flip and the Patriots are 54 percent favorites.
* In 10,000 simulations of the game, the Chargers won 52 percent of the time.