A roundup of how ESPN’s analysts see Monday night’s Patriots-Jets game playing out:
* ESPNBoston.com’s Mike Reiss: Patriots 24, Jets 17. I think this game will live up to its hype, two of the NFL's best teams going toe to toe in a super-charged environment. Everywhere I've been in the city and suburbs this week, it seems a lot of people are saying the same thing, "Monday can't get here fast enough." I can't remember this much excitement for a regular-season game in recent memory. I think it will be lower-scoring and close headed into the fourth quarter, before Tom Brady leads a game-winning touchdown drive.
* ESPNBoston.com’s Tedy Bruschi: Two words -- Pats win! This will be a special night for me and I have tried my hardest to be impartial as an analyst up for the past year and a half. I can't do that this week.
* ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter: Patriots over Jets. I trust Tom Brady in this spot more than I trust Mark Sanchez. I just believe that somehow, some way, despite the fact that Brady has struggled against Rex Ryan defenses, that he'll find a way to get it done. I don't know how, I don't know why, and it may just be that I'm wrong. But Brady has been spot on this year. Spot on. As good as anybody in the league. You have to figure at home, where he's done OK, he's going to do OK again on Monday night. (From a WEEI interview)
* Bill Simmons: PATRIOTS (-3.5) over Jets. I've always liked Uggs!
* ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth: Jets over Patriots. There are a lot of defensive questions with that Patriots team, but offensively, they are a rhythmic offense. They are not a team that can line up and play smash-mouth with you. If they are off rhythm for even a minute you’re going to have troubles. I like the cornerbacks of the New York Jets to get them off rhythm.
* ESPN NFL analyst Darren Woodson: Patriots over Jets. Tom Brady and this offense is precision: 11 touchdowns to zero interceptions in the last four games. I like Brady in this game. At home, I think they take control of the division.
* ESPN experts: Six of the seven experts pick the Patriots to beat the Jets (only Schlereth picks New York).
* Sunday Countdown: Mike Ditka and Cris Carter pick the Patriots and Keyshawn Johnson and Tom Jackson pick the Jets.
* Madden simulation: Patriots 31, Jets 24. In a game that's decided by the final score, Tom Brady outplays Mark Sanchez to give the Patriots the 31-24 win. Brady throws for 274 yards and three touchdowns, including a 4-yard score to Wes Welker with 1:20 left on the clock to help New England climb to 10-2 on the season. Sanchez, on the other hand, throws two touchdowns, but he throws two second-half interceptions that swing the game in the Patriots favor.
* Gary Horton, Scouts, Inc.: Patriots 31, Jets 21. (Insider)
* Make your Week 11 picks with our Pigskin Pick’Em contest.
* Check out our new NFL Playoff Machine to take the guesswork out of figuring out those pesky playoff scenarios.
* What's your prediction for Patriots-Jets? Leave it in the comments section of this blog post.