FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Sights and sounds from the media-access period in the Patriots' locker room:
1. What stood out today was players talking about how much running they are doing in practice. Bill Belichick really seems to be cracking the whip in this area, as he probably feels the condition of the team could be better. A sign in the locker room reminds players that a weekly weigh-in takes place Wednesday morning.
2. Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth joined his teammates this morning at Gillette Stadium after his court date in Washington yesterday. Haynesworth was not present during the 45-minute media-access period in the locker room.
3. Defensive lineman Shaun Ellis and linebacker Jerod Mayo held court with large groups of reporters. Ellis, who wears Ty Warren's old jersey No. 94, has Warren's old locker near the exit to the weight room. He sort of sounds a bit like Warren, too.
4. It's been just four days, but linebacker Ricky Brown's first impression of life as a Patriot? "These guys get right down to work," he said.
5. Spent a little time chatting with offensive tackle Sebastian Vollmer, who is as humble as they come. He said he didn't know about being named second-team All-Pro last season until Stephen Neal called him after reading it in the newspaper.
6. Rookie free agent offensive tackle Kyle Hix, who was placed on injured reserve in training camp, is staying around the team. He had his right arm in a sling.
7. A nameplate for safety Ross Ventrone, who was waived during training camp, remains above one of the unused lockers. It wouldn't be a surprise if Ventrone is back with the team at some point.