FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Quick hits from the media-access period in the locker room (1-1:45 p.m. ET) today:
1. Players drawing larger media crowds included defensive end Andre Carter and safety James Ihedigbo. Overall, a quiet day in the room as players were leaving the facility after practice.
2. Linebacker Dane Fletcher, who has been sidelined with a thumb injury after playing sparingly in the Week 6 win over the Cowboys, made a brief appearance in the locker room. He was quick to exit as reporters entered, and had a black cast over his right hand that extended about halfway up his wrist. Fletcher seemed leery about being in the room at the same time with reporters.
3. Veteran receiver Chad Ochocinco was approached by a reporter who noted that the small group of media members in attendance were part of the "hard-core" group covering the team, and thus, this would be a good day for him to break his media silence. A playful Ochocinco declined but held an off-the-record huddle with reporters in the middle of the locker room that ended with a hug and a kiss for one reporter.
4. As reporters entered the room, safety Patrick Chung and owner Robert Kraft were chatting near Chung's locker. Maybe Kraft was playing the role of reporter, checking on Chung's condition for Monday night's game.
5. Players were looking forward to some down time over the next 24 hours or so. With the Monday night game, they aren't required to be back for meetings until later Sunday afternoon.