FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Quick hits from the media-access period in the Patriots' locker room this afternoon (2:10-3 p.m.):
1. Overall, a quiet day in the room. Defensive lineman Kyle Love, linebacker Jerod Mayo and tight end Rob Gronkowski were a few of the players drawing larger media crowds.
2. Receiver Chad Ochocinco was present and was packing a travel bag at his locker, but that is always dangerous to read into when it comes to his availability Sunday in Philadelphia. Ochocinco declined comment when asked about his absence at the start of practice today.
3. Offensive lineman Matt Light (foot) and safety Patrick Chung (foot), who both have significant injury situations worthy of monitoring, walked through the room. Chung declined comment, while Light hustled out before he could be approached. Like Ochocinco, Light's travel bag was packed, but that's always dangerous to read too much into.
4. Players touched on this being a different week from a routine standpoint, mainly because of Thanksgiving on Thursday. They were here later today.
5. Spent some time talking with running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis, who keeps in touch regularly with Laurence Maroney. The two developed a close bond while teammates here, and that remains strong.
6. A note to players reminded them to pack 7-stud screws for their football. "Don't want to get beat by the equipment," one player said as he walked into the room.