A roundup of how ESPN's analysts see Sunday’s Patriots-Redskins game playing out:
* ESPNBoston.com’s Mike Reiss: Patriots 27, Redskins 17. The Patriots are limiting turnovers and penalties, which is a good starting point to playing winning football. I think this game will be close before the Patriots pull away in the fourth quarter. In a Tom Brady vs. Rex Grossman matchup, it’s hard to go against Brady.
* ESPNBoston.com Patriots analyst Tedy Bruschi: Patriots 31, Redskins 20. The Fred Davis and Trent Williams suspensions handcuffs this Redskin offense. I still like this defense. They have players all over that unit that can make plays, but the Patriots are playing good football right now. I think they put together four full quarters or focus on the road and win.
* ESPNBoston.com’s Chris Forsberg: Patriots 28, Redskins 17. Back at the start of the season, we circled this matchup because of the potential for Albert Haynesworth to meet his old team. Who knew the focus would instead be on Andre Carter and the fantastic season he's put together after leaving the Redskins. Expect an inspired effort from Carter to aid the Patriots' continued dominance of NFC opponents (30-3 in their last 33 games). The one key for New England? Limiting the pass rushers that remain in Washington and not letting them disrupt Tom Brady.
* ESPNBoston.com’s Mike Rodak: Patriots 28, Redskins 17. Tom Brady checks off his first win in FedEx Field, avenging a close loss in 2003. Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan may have the Patriots' number, but this one is defined by the quarterback matchup.
* ESPN Boston Radio’s Adam Jones: Patriots 35, Redskins 10. When the best thing Bill Belichick can say about your quarterback is "he's not afraid to be aggressive" (as he did earlier this week in reference to Rex Grossman) that's not a good sign. Add in the fact that Washington will be without Fred Davis and Trent Williams and this one has blowout written all over it.
* ESPN Boston Radio’s Andrew Brooks: Patriots 34, Redskins 10. I know I must sound like a broken record the last few weeks but this should be another relatively easy win on Sunday. Like the Colts, the Redskins have talented players that the Pats need to game plan for, but unfortunately for the skins, the 4th quarter happened last week. No way Belichick let's his team fall apart again. We'll see 60 minutes from the Pats and they will be an impressive 60 minutes.
* ESPN experts: Seven of eight experts pick the Patriots to win, with Chris Mortensen taking the Redskins.
* Sunday Countdown: Tom Jackson, Cris Carter, Mike Ditka and Keyshawn Johnson all pick the Patriots.
* AccuScore simulations: Patriots 31, Redskins 18.5 (average of more than 10,000 simulations).
* Madden 12 simulation: Patriots 37, Redskins 24.
* Ken Moll, Scouts Inc. (Insider): Patriots 28, Redskins 20.
* Make your Week 14 picks with our Pigskin Pick’Em contest.
* What's your prediction for Patriots-Redskins? Leave it in the comments section of this blog post.