Not a memory many Patriots fans want to revisit. At the same time, one can feel the intensity on the field and on the sideline.
Here are a few of the notable quotes:
* Tom Brady, talking on the sideline after his intentional grounding call: “I looked at Gronk, I looked to Wes, he dropped, then I felt him, I had no place to throw it away. I threw it over his head. I didn’t want to throw an interception."
* Brady, after getting one of his passes batted away at the line of scrimmage by Jason Pierre-Paul: “It’s like throwing in a forest, dude, those guys arms are like …”
* Vince Wilfork to official Carl Paganelli, when Paganelli asked Wilfork whether he was held by the Giants' Kevin Boothe: “That was a bad call.” Paganelli then asked Wilfork why he didn't tell him that before he threw the flag. Wilfork jokingly responded: “As much as you guys miss, I deserve one. I’ll let you know when you miss one too, now.”
* Brady to Chad Ochocinco, who started the Patriots' opening drive of the third quarter with a 21-yard reception: “Way to get us started, that’s what I’m talking about. That's why we got you.”
* Referee John Parry, talking to another official, after Wes Welker's drop with 4 minutes left in the game: “That was the game.”
* Patriots coach Bill Belichick, talking to his defense on the sideline right before the Giants took the field for their final drive of the game: “This is still a Cruz and Nicks game. I know we’re right on them, it’s tight but those are still the guys. Make them go to Manningham, make them go to Pascoe. Let’s make sure we get Cruz and Nicks.”
The first play of the Giants' drive was Manning's 38-yard pass to Mario Manningham, which was caught on the sideline ... right in front of Belichick.
* Brady’s comment when Manningham's catch was replayed in the Jumbotron: “He caught it.”
* Later in that drive, when the Giants had second down at the Patriots' 6 yard line with a little over a minute to go, Jerod Mayo and Vince Wilfork telling players in the huddle: “We gotta let them score, got to let them score.”
* Before the final play of the game, the Patriots' Hail Mary, Brady telling Aaron Hernandez and Gronkowski: “Run to the goalpost and catch it.”