Some midweek quick hits:
1. Arkansas held its Pro Day on Tuesday, which added another layer to the scouting of their three receivers in the draft -- Joe Adams, Jarius Wright and Greg Childs. All three are potential post-round 1 targets for the Patriots, with Adams one of the more dynamic returners in the draft. Adams ran a 4.55 in the 40, which he was disappointed with after a similar time at the combine. All Arkansas Pro Day results here.
2. Patriots second-year quarterback Ryan Mallett threw to his former Arkansas teammates at Pro Day. Arkansas360.com noted, "Mallett, wearing a shirt with the slogan, 'Unleash The Beast,' looked comfortable throwing to his former teammates. Mallett, who was unavailable for interviews, appeared to have slimmed down and toned his body during the season with the Patriots."
3. Illinois defensive end/outside linebacker Whitney Mercilus, who has been linked to the Patriots as a possible first-round selection in mock drafts, had a solid Pro Day, according to Gil Brandt of NFL.com.
4. Free-agent receiver Randy Moss worked out for the Saints on Tuesday. Initial reports on the workout were positive, but those reports could also be viewed with a skeptical eye. ESPN.com NFC West reporter Mike Sando's take on Moss is echoed at this address.
5. With all the Peyton Manning talk today, it made me think of this. Great player who also took his role as ambassador of the game to heart.