Links around the Web with a Patriots twist:
1. Patriots used as a benchmark. Columnist Paul Domowitch of the Philadelphia Inquirer compares the draft records of the Patriots and Eagles. He does so because of the respect the Patriots have in leauge circles and because "many consider Bill Belichick to be one of the smartest men ever to set foot in the National Football League."
2. Five to consider for Patriots. Dane Brugler of CBSSports.com identifies five players, at different points of the draft, that he envisions as good fits for the Patriots.
3. Video: King details team needs. Peter King of Sports Illustrated provides his analysis of the Patriots' team needs, focusing on the defensive backfield. "Look for the Patriots to deal out," King adds.
4. Video: Lombardi picks McClellin for Patriots. In the NFL Network analysts mock draft, Michael Lombardi picks Boise State defensive end/outside linebacker Shea McClellin for the Patriots at No. 27. In the draft, defensive lineman Michael Brockers was available at No. 27 to New England. (Video of pick 31 here, with Marshall Faulk making the pick.)
5. Brady goes high in "Ultimate" mock draft. Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports puts together his "Ultimate" mock draft and quarterback Tom Brady is the No. 3 pick.
EXTRA POINT: Peter King of Sports Illustrated writes a piece on the Giants that I enjoyed, and recommend for those with the time (link here). One part that stood out, as it relates to the Patriots, is how the Giants set a price and don't budge too much (e.g. Kevin Boss in free agency). That is similar to New England and is an approach that produces some criticism.