In a piece now posted on ESPNBoston.com, Mike Reiss breaks down the different options of what could be next for Wes Welker and his future with the Patriots.
1. Plays out 2012 and plays under franchise tag again in 2013.
2. Plays out 2012, becomes an unrestricted free agent, signs elsewhere.
3. Plays out 2012, becomes an unrestricted free agent, then re-signs with Patriots.
4. Plays out 2012, gets franchise tag, then an extension.
5. Traded in 2012.
6. Gets franchise tag in 2013 and then is traded.
To read the piece, CLICK HERE.