BALTIMORE -- None of these are as striking as the tweet sent by Brandon Spikes, but several Patriots spoke about the officiating in their loss to the Ravens on Sunday night. Here are a few:
* Vince Wilfork: "It's very frustrating. What can you do? When you're an aggressive defense, (throwing so many flags) takes away from your aggressiveness at times, the things that we try to do. It takes it away. We'll be hesitant to do this, and to do that, and to do whatever. But you know what? We have to play within the rules."
* Deion Branch: "It's not the first time we've played in a game with a lot of controversial calls. It was happening on both sides of the ball. I'm sure they were upset about some of those calls too. But honestly, when we're doing what we do best, we take the game out of the referees' hands."
* Devin McCourty: "It's a football game and we can't control that. If a flag is thrown, that's something that we can't worry about. It's a big game and we wanted to get this win. It's simple, you have to go, and execute, and practice and get better."
* Rob Ninkovich: "It’s tough, obviously, as a player you just want to play the game and you just want everything the way it should be. So you just have to deal with the hand that’s dealt, play football and play hard. Obviously it’s only the third game of the year. We’d like to have had that one. That’s football. You have to deal with the calls. You have to deal with the situations on the field at any given time. We’re tough, we’re a good team.”
* Steve Gregory: "I don't really think about that stuff too much. I just let that stuff play out. We just have to go out and play better."
* Rob Gronkowski: "You have to be ready for every situation. You get used to it. There are a lot of time outs in the NFL, there's a lot of stop in play. You've got to be able to get the rhythm flowing after a time out, after a flag, whatever it is. So you just have to execute at all times."