One storyline we're following closely is how the Colts, who are locked in at the No. 5 seed, will approach their season-finale against the visiting Texans (1 p.m. ET).
If the Colts win, and then the Patriots beat the Dolphins (4:25 p.m. ET), New England would earn a first-round playoff bye.
Because the Colts can't gain anything in the standings, one line of thinking is that they might rest players.
Beat writer Mike Chappell of the Indianapolis Star provides some updates on the Colts' approach, via his Twitter account.
A sampling of his Tweets from coach Chuck Pagano's media availability on Wednesday (all comments are from Pagano):
1. "Not in our DNA to pull back on starters. watching what team has done . . . not in our makeup. fans and city deserve our best."
2. "We'd love to win 11 games. That's our goal."
3. "They're going to roll the ball out there and it's our job to give it our best."
4. "You want to win. you want to win at home. you want to go into the playoffs with momentum. we want to keep the momentum going."
5. "To rest guys or pull back, i don't think we have enough numbers to do that."
6. "Our mindset coming in has been we're going to play to win every single week regardless of the situation."