Passing along some Patriots-based links from around the web.
1. Jones, Hightower breakout candidates. Over on the AFC East blog at ESPN.com, James Walker tabs his top breakout candidates for 2013. Checking in at number three on his list is Patriots linebacker Dont'a Hightower, one spot behind fellow 2012 first-round pick defensive end Chandler Jones. The pair combined for 105 tackles and 10 sacks last season.
2. Patriots work out trio of Jayhawks. Members of the Patriots organization recently traveled to Lawrence, Kansas to work out a trio of Jayhawks players: safety Bradley McDougal, quarterback Dayne Crist and defensive end Toben “Tobenuchukwu” Opurum. Former Patriots offensive coordinator Charlie Weis is now the head coach at Kansas, and the team has likely picked his brain about the team's top available draft prospects.
3. Manning advances past Brady in Herd QB bracket. ESPN's Colin Cowherd is conducting an all-time quarterback bracket and the semifinalists have just been set. Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was upended by Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning in the quarterfinals by a narrow margin (53 percent to 47 percent), and now will square off with his boss, John Elway, for a shot at the finals. To vote on the bracket, click HERE.
4. Mayo's offseason workouts. In a recent interview with the Patriots' official website, linebacker and defensive captain Jerod Mayo revealed two interesting activities he's tried this offseason: Pilates and Krav Maga (a form of self-defense training). Mayo also recalled his experience being drafted in 2008 and spending the day doing yard work at his mother's home prior to receiving a call from the Patriots indicating he had been picked.
5. Light the prankster. April Fool's has come and gone, but this video compiling some "greatest hits" from longtime Patriots left tackle Matt Light and his "prankster" ways is a light-hearted tribute to one of the more personable Patriots in recent memory.