Every Tuesday on ESPNBoston.com, questions from Patriots followers are answered as part of a weekly mailbag. Today's mailbag has been posted and includes some of the following topics:
1. How to judge the practice performance of defensive backs against the current receiving corps.
2. Have the Patriots done enough to improve defensively?
3. Potential scheme changes on defense in 2013.
4. Rob Gronkowski and the timing of his potential return to the field.
5. Linebacker Brandon Spikes' absence from voluntary OTAs.
6. The possibility of a smash-mouth running game coming to the forefront.