Every Thursday on ESPNBoston.com, there is a Patriots chat in the late morning/early afternoon. Today's chat kicked off at 11 a.m. ET, can be recapped here, and included some of the following topics:
1. Overcoming injuries on defense and more on potential Jerod Mayo replacements Jamie Collins and Dane Fletcher.
2. Running back Stevan Ridley running with a purpose.
3. Linebacker Brandon Spikes as a key member of the Vince Wilfork-less run defense.
4. Tight end Rob Gronkowski and all-over-the-map stories about his recovery and potential return.
5. Concern with running backs in blitz pickup.