MIAMI -- With 15 minutes left to play, the Patriots and Dolphins are tied at 10. Passing along quick-hit notes and observations from the third quarter.
1. Gostkowski cools off. Stephen Gostkowski has been terrific all season, missing just two field goal attempts before Sunday. He missed his third on the Patriots' opening drive of the third quarter, pulling the ball wide left on a 48-yard attempt. The kick would've put the Patriots ahead 13-7. It was Gostkowski's first miss from inside 50 yards in 21 tries.
2. Dolphins tie game at 10. The Dolphins moved the ball down the field on their own first drive, making it all the way to the Patriots' 14 before being halted. Caleb Sturgis connected on the 31-yard field goal to tie the game at 10, erasing the Patriots' 10-point lead from the first half.
3. Offense slowing down. The Patriots were unable to do much on their second offensive drive, as rookie wide receiver Josh Boyce couldn't haul in a throw that would've been good for a first down. The Patriots came away with no points on their two drives.
4. Dolphins driving. As the fourth quarter begins, the Dolphins will have the ball 2nd-and-goal from the Patriots' 2-yard line. They earned a fresh set of downs after a pass interference penalty on Dane Fletcher on third down.
5. Penalty box. The following Patriots were flagged for penalties during the third quarter: linebacker Dane Fletcher (pass interference).