1. Allen remains out. Patriots punter Ryan Allen was banged up with a shoulder injury in the second quarter, and the team listed him as questionable to return. He was not on the sideline as the second half began, with kicker Stephen Gostkowski handling the punting duties.
2. Brady to Amendola for big gainer kickstarts drive. After a quality punt by the Colts pinned the Patriots deep in their own territory, the Patriots connected on a huge downfield throw from Tom Brady to Danny Amendola. The 53-yard gainer came off of a play-action fake that was several series in the making.
3. Ridley punches it in. That drive concluded with Stevan Ridley scoring on a short rushing score, the fourth rushing touchdown for the Patriots of the night. That's the first time they've done that in any game this season. Ridley also got the call on the two-point conversion, as the Patriots remain without Allen, their primary holder.
4. Colts respond. Andrew Luck has been simply remarkable tonight, and just when the Patriots had opened up a two-score lead, the Colts answered right back. It took just three plays, two of which were sensational throws from Luck. He connected with LaVon Brazill for a 35-yard touchdown, his second score of the night.
5. Penalty box. No Patriots were flagged for penalties during the third quarter.