Every Tuesday on ESPNBoston.com, questions from Patriots followers are answered as part of a weekly mailbag. This week's mailbag has been posted, can be recapped here and included the following topics:
1. There's only one cure for the illness "list-itis" -- actual football.
2. Assessing levels of concern with players placed on the physically-unable-to-perform and non-football-illness lists.
3. Revisiting one "bold prediction" on veteran defensive tackle Tommy Kelly.
4. When it comes to the Patriots' defense, is talk of a potential No. 1 ranking justified?
6. QB Ryan Mallett's potential value as a free agent next year.
7. Nate Solder and the idea of an offensive lineman serving as a blocking-type tight end at times.