With the second half of their road trip on tap, the Revolution (6-13-5, 23 points) head to Columbus to take on the Crew (9-8-6, 33 points) at Crew Stadium on Saturday.
The game kicks off at 7:30 p.m. ET and will be telecast on Comcast Sports Net New England. Listeners can catch a radio broadcast on The Sports Hub 98.5.
On June 16, the Crew and Revolution played to a scoreless draw at Gillette Stadium. It marked the first time this season the Revolution were shut out at home.
• Saturday's trip to Crew Stadium is the Revolution's only trip to the Buckeye State this season. The Crew and Revolution will conclude their three-game series on Sept. 5 at Gillette Stadium.
• Midfielder Benny Feilhaber is the only player on the Revolution roster to score against the Crew. On Aug. 16, 2011, the center half scored in the 45th minute courtesy of a feed from former Revolution midfielder Pat Phelan.
• Although the Revolution are aiming to snap their nine-game MLS road winless streak Saturday, the odds certainly aren't in their favor. The Revolution have won just three of their past 10 in Columbus (3-4-3), and haven't claimed a road victory against the Crew since their season-ending 2-1 win on Oct. 25, 2009.
• The Revolution's seven-game overall winless streak (0-6-1) is their longest since they abandoned the win column for seven straight (0-2-5) from July 23 through Sept. 7, 2011.
• One player on the Crew roster with local ties is defender Julius James. The fifth-year veteran played his college ball at the University of Connecticut in 2004-07 and was named Big East Defensive Player of the Year for three consecutive years (2005-07).
INJURY REPORTS (as of Aug. 21)
COLUMBUS CREW -- OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); MF Bernardo Anor (L knee ACL tear); DOUBTFUL: DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab); QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain); MF Milovan Mirosevic (R ankle inflammation)
NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION -- OUT: MF Sainey Nyassi (R adductor strain); GK Bobby Shuttleworth (L knee sprain); DOUBTFUL: MF Blair Gavin (L hamstring tightness); FW Alec Purdie (L ankle sprain); QUESTIONABLE: MF Lee Nguyen (L ankle sprain)