Rapid Reaction: Revolution 1, Fire 0

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Revolution midfielder Diego Fagundez scored from 30 yards and the Revolution held on to beat the Chicago Fire 1-0 at Gillette Stadium on Saturday.

The 17-year-old scored his second goal of the season in the 17th minute after he picked up a pass from Kelyn Rowe and ripped a shot from distance to score the lone goal of the game. Bobby Shuttleworth stopped an 86th-minute Patrick Nyarko shot to pick up his second shutout of the season.

With the win, the Revolution's record goes to 8-17-8 (32 points) while the Fire drop to 17-11-5 (56 points).

Tierney returns: After missing the club's last four games, Revolution left back Chris Tierney returned to the field after coming on in the 64th minute for forward Dimitry Imbongo.

Bengtson cautioned: Revolution striker Jerry Bengtson picked up his first caution of the season in the 44th minute.

Scoreless drought over: The 17th-minute goal from Diego Fagundez snapped a 196-minute scoreless streak that dates back to the Revolution's 1-1 draw to New York on Sept. 22.

Revolution team award winners: Prior to the game, the Revolution announced their team award winners. Midfielder Lee Nguyen picked up Team MVP while center back Stephen McCarthy took home Defender of the Year. Meanwhile, goalkeeper Matt Reis earned Humanitarian of the Year.

Gavin makes his Revs debut: Midfielder Blair Gavin, who was acquired from Chivas USA in the Shalrie Joseph trade on Aug. 1, made his first appearance in a Revolution uniform on Saturday and went 61 minutes before coming off for Juan Toja after the hour. Gavin, who missed significant time due to injury, last played on July 21 for Chivas USA.

Feilhaber a bystander: Revolution midfielder Benny Feilhaber served his one-game suspension for the red card he received in the club's Oct. 6 contest against the Union.

Closing time: The Revolution wrap up their 2012 regular-season campaign next Saturday at Montreal against the Impact at Stade Saputo at 2 p.m.