Rapid Reaction: Whitecaps 4, Revolution 3

Camilo Sanvezzo's 25th-minute strike from the spot snapped the Revolution's club-record shutout streak at 419 minutes, and the Vancouver Whitecaps secured a 4-3 win at BC Place on Saturday.

Sanvezzo's goal came after Andrew Farrell brought down Kenny Miller inside the box. Referee Juan Guzman issued red card to Farrell, and awarded the penalty to the Whitecaps.

The Revolution's loss snapped their MLS unbeaten streak at five and dropped their record to 5-5-5 (20 points). The Whitecaps upped their mark to 5-5-4 (19 points).

The Revolution opened the scoring in the 10th minute when Chris Tierney played a long ball ahead to Juan Agudelo, who coasted into the box and beat Brad Knighton.

Ten minutes later, Saer Sene played a ball inside to Diego Fagundez, who then slid it to his left for Kelyn Rowe, who punched through to give the Revolution the early two-goal lead on the road.

But it all came crashing down three minutes later. Miller used his speed to beat Farrell to a long ball from Russell Teibert. As Miller slowed to contemplate his shot, the Farrell's momentum brought him and Miller on a collision course, giving the Whitecaps a chance from the spot and reducing the Revolution to 10 men for the remainder of the game.

Miller converted his next chance to score in the 39th minute when he grabbed a pass from Carlyle Mitchell and beat Bobby Shuttleworth to level it at 2-2.

The Whitecaps went ahead when Teibert crossed it to the far post for Jordan Harvey, who slipped through the defense and slotted it into an open net in the 43rd minute.

Miller struck again in the 68th minute when he collected a long pass from Sanvezzo and volleyed a rocket under the bar.

Dimitry Imbongo brought one back late when he took hold of a ball from Darrius Barnes, fought off Mitchell inside the box and buried it in the 84th minute.

Rowe gets the start: After his two-goal effort against the Red Bulls in Wednesday's 4-2 Open Cup win, Rowe got his first start since the Revolution's 1-1 draw to the Red Bulls on May 11. Juan Toja was not among the game-day 18 and was listed as "questionable" with lower back tightness ahead of the game.

Short night for Sene: Saer Sene came off in the 29th minute when he was subbed off for Darrius Barnes as the short-handed Revolution tried to protect their narrow one-goal lead.

Next up: The Revolution will head into a bye week before heading to Maryland SoccerPlex to face D.C. United for a U.S. Open Cup quarterfinal showdown on June 26 at 7:30 p.m. ET. From there, the Revolution will return to league action on June 29 for a road game at Chivas USA at 10:30 p.m. ET.