Major League Baseball is holding Rounds 3-10 of its annual draft Friday. See below for the latest Red Sox picks.
* Round 3 (81 overall): Catcher Jon Denney (Yukon HS, Oklahoma)
Ranked the 22nd-best prospect by ESPN.com Insider Keith Law, who calls Denney the best offensive catcher in the draft. Denney had this to say on Twitter:
This is awesome i have been a Red Sox fan my whole life! Ever since I started watching MLB baseball, now I'm apart of their organization!
— Jon Denney #26 (@jondenney26) June 7, 2013
* Round 4 (113th overall): RHP Myles Smith (Lee University, Tennessee)
Law writes that Smith brings good athleticism and impressive velocity, but projects him as a midrotation pitcher if he can “clean up a few things.”
* Round 5 (143 overall): LHP Corey Littrell (University of Kentucky, Kentucky)
Law's No. 97 overall prospect. Writes Law: Littrell is a finesse lefty who is low-ceiling but polished. He threw well in a tough home park for Kentucky but will have to cut his walk rate to be more than an emergency call-up in the majors.
* Round 6 (173 overall): CF Jordon Austin (Forest HS, Florida)
* Round 7 (203 overall): LHP Mike Adams (University of Tampa, Florida)
* Round 8 (233 overall): CF Forrestt Allday (Central Arkansas, Ark.)
* Round 9 (263 overall): RHP Kyle Martin (Texas A&M, Texas)
* Round 10 (293 overall): RHP Taylor Grover (University of South Carolina Aiken, S.C.)