<
>

Cam Newton sued for damage to rental mansion managed by husband of Stacy Keibler

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A Beverly Hills mansion managed by the husband of former WWE star Stacy Keibler incurred about $100,000 in damage while Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton rented it during the NFL offseason, according to a lawsuit filed against the league MVP.

ESPN.com obtained details of the suit that said Newton is being sued for $270,324.47, including $180,000 in lost rent while repairs were being made, plus legal costs.

TMZ first reported this story after obtaining a copy of the lawsuit.

According to court documents, the suit was filed on Sept. 15 by Jared Pobre, the husband of Keibler, a former "Dancing With the Stars" contestant and ex-girlfriend of actor George Clooney. Pobre manages the luxury home rental company that leased the $11 million home to Newton in March.

Santa Monica-based attorney Richard K. Howell, who represents Pobre, told ESPN.om that Newton and his representation have not responded.

“We’re expecting Cam Newton to be held accountable for actions for damages he caused,’’ Howell said.

Newton's representation did not respond immediately for comment.

The lawsuit says Newton paid $123,000 to rent the home for 61 days with the agreement that there would be no parties or smoking.

Newton spent much of the offseason in the Los Angeles area filming his Nickelodeon television show, “All in With Cam Newton,’’ that debuted in June.

Pobre says in the suit that, after Newton moved out, he had to replace a rug valued at $32,930.48 that had been stained.

Among the other costs he listed were: destroyed bath towels and linens, damaged toilets and water damage to wood floors, damage to the walls entering the kitchen and stains in the driveway.

The suit says Pobre initially tried to collect $90,324.47 from Newton that was not paid. It says the damage took two and a half months to repair, resulting in lost rent at cost of $72,000 a month.

The suit, according to Howell, was a last resort.

Newton, meanwhile, is in the NFL’s concussion protocol after receiving a helmet-to-helmet hit on a two-point conversion run in Sunday’s 48-33 loss at Atlanta.

ESPN.com’s Bob Pockrass contributed to this report.