ST. LOUIS -- Here’s a look by of the number of the Chicago Blackhawks’ 3-2 overtime win over the St. Louis Blues in Game 5 of their first-round series:
* Game 5 was the fourth game in the series to be decided in overtime. The NHL record for most overtime games in a series is five, which was set in 1951 between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens and again in 2012 between the Blackhawks and Phoenix Coyotes.
* The Blues had a 50.5 Corsi close percentage (the Blues had 51 shots attempts to the Blackhawks’ 50 in 5-on-5 situations with the game tied or within a goal.) Corsi close is used to combat score effects. Despite the shot advantage, the Blackhawks scored three goals to the Blues’ one in those situations.
* Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa had a game-high seven shots on net. He leads the league with 28 shots on goal in the playoffs.
* Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson blocked a game-high six shots. He leads the NHL with 24 blocked shots in the playoffs.
* Blues forward Vladimir Sobotka won 15-of-17 faceoffs. It was the best performance by a Blue in a playoff game since faceoffs began being tracked during the 2000-01 season.
* Blackhawks forward Jonathan Toews won 15-of-25 faceoffs. He’s won a league-high 83 faceoffs in the playoffs. He’s won 63.4 percent of his faceoffs.
* The Blues had 54 hits to the Blackhawks’ 17. The Blues tied their regular-season/playoff record for hits in a game since hits began being recorded in 2005. Blues forward David Backes had a game-high eight hits. Blackhawks forward Bryan Bickell had a team-high three hits. He leads the NHL with 31 hits in the playoffs.
* The Blues had eight players with a Corsi for percentage (shot differential) of better than 50 percent. The Blackhawks have seven.
* Blackhawks defenseman Nick Leddy had a game-high 68.2 Corsi for percentage (the Blackhawks had 17 shots for and seven against with him on the ice in 5-on-5 situations.) Michal Handzus had a team-low 23.1 Corsi for percentage (three shots for, 10 against). Leddy has led the Blackhawks in Corsi the past two games. They’ve had 41 shots for and 12 against with him in the ice in the last two games.
* Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane had a plus-1 rating. He’s tied for the second in the league with a plus-5 rating in the playoffs.
* Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith played a game-high 29:04 of ice time. Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo played a team-high 27:47 of ice time. Pietrangelo leads the league with 155:03 of ice time in the playoffs. Keith is second with 153:03.
* Pietrangelo led the Blues with a 61.5 Corsi for percentage (24 shots for, 15 against). Roman Polak had a team-low 36 percent (nine shots for, 16 against.)
* Kane picked up another minor penalty. He has a team-high four minor penalties in the series. He had 11 minor penalties in 69 regular-season games.
* The Blackhawks were 0-for-2 on the power play. They’re 2-for-18 in the series.
* The Blues were 0-for-2 on the power play. They’re 2-for-23 for the series.